Thursday, February 25, 2010

Brianna's 6 teeth Feb 6th

 
 Brianna getting ready for her braces.   On Feb 4th Brianna had to get 6 teeth pulled to make room for her adult teeth.  She was very excited to get the ball rolling.  We weren't told how they would do it.  I've never had any teeth pulled and I thought it wouldn't be bad at all.    As soon as Bri found out that she would be getting shots she didn't want to do it anymore. The hygienist told her that she wouldn't feel any of it and it would be ok.  Brianna didn't believe her.  I didn't either.  We were  right.  She had three vials of numbing solution and was still crying that it hurt.  After the top three the dentist asked if I wanted to stop and go to an oral surgeon.  I said no because she was already numbed up.  He then said well,  Lets give her some laughing gas.   That seemed to help.  As a mother it was really hard to watch.  We were there for a good 3 1/2 hours.  Brianna was happy to be done with that and never wants to go to the dentist again!!!  The really exciting part for her was the tooth fairy would be coming that night and she had 6 teeth.  She made out with $11.50.   At school the next day she couldn't wait to show off her new smile.  I think that she was very brave.

1 comment:

Rogers said...

Completely brave! For some reason I imagined them coming out WAY easier. I felt so bad for her when she came home. I'm glad she was pretty much over it by the time I left.