For some time now I have wanted to do something to the front of our house to make it look more appealing. I passed a nursery that had signs of 50% off and I thought this is the time. So- I went and took some measurements and looked at plants. Then Shane and I talked and he said, "go for it." That lead me to a lot of back pain. Thank-goodness for heating pads! It is hard to dig up sod and move it. Then I went and purchased the plants. The tree barely made it in the van and weighed a ton. I think it turned out nice. Shane was happy that I finished a project before I started another one and really enjoyed that he didn't have to do any of it.
The tree is a dwarf double blooming weeping cherry tree. Which means it will not produce cherries and it will bloom in the spring and fall. Each blossom will have two flowers on it. I can't wait to see it in bloom. We will wait until spring to see if we need to add anything else to the garden.
Lauren loved to find all the big worms from the garden. She made them a nice little home on the walk way. Then she found a little flower to decorate their house. The truck that she has we found in the dirt that we dug up. What a treasure!
So- what do you think? Is it better then grass all they way up to the house?
3 comments:
Looks great! Doesn't sound fun, but at least the results are worth it!! I can't wait for next spring when I might actually attempt to do something with my yard! I might be coming to you for some tips!
Looks nice! Did you do the stone work yourself too?
Yep- I did all of it. In fact I purchased the wrong stones and had to take them back and get the right ones. I felt a little sheepish but it all worked out.
Post a Comment