Here is a big day in Rykers life. We had been talking to him that on his 3rd birthday he was going to throw his binki away and start potty training. Well- he decided that he was ready to potty train a few weeks before his birthday and on the second day of potty training he ran past his room and said," Oh- I need to throw my binki away!" I was so surprised that he wanted to do this but I wasn't going to stop this wonderful idea. He ran in his room and grabbed it and the pictures tell the rest.
Right after he threw it away he was sad but then I cheered for him and then he was ok with the idea. Unfortunately for him because he threw his binki away he thought that meant that it was his birthday. I told him that it wasn't his birthday but I did have a early present for him. I gave it to him at bed time to help him not be sad. He got a new magnetic car that can drive up the fridge or any other thing that is metal. He loved it and had no problem falling asleep. In fact he didn't cry for his binki for about a week and then I reminded him that he was a big boy because he threw it away. Then we found his car and he was ok. I'm so proud of my BIG BOY!



No comments:
Post a Comment