Sunday, August 05, 2012

Visit to IF 6/12


 We got the opportunity to take Taryn back to Idaho Falls to the Idaho Falls airport.  Once we got there we realized that there was enough time to go out to lunch and look around IF before she needed to be at the airport.  Lunch was at burger king and then we went down to look at the falls.  Taryn hadn't had the chance to do this when she lived near by.  We all enjoyed spending a little more time together.  We love you Taryn.


 Ok.  So- not the best of pictures but I must document that we got to go to Leo's while we were there.  Like I have told you in the past I can't remember a time that I have gone to IF and not gone to Leo's.  It isn't that the food is good but that the kids have fun there and Grandma feels comfortable there.
 The boys are having fun playing a video game.

 They have a play area that Lauren and Ryker played in.  It was the first time that all the kids didn't get in.

 While we were there we visited the visitor center.  It was the first time my kids have been there and the first time I had been there since it was remodeled.  The kids enjoyed playing on the ipad.
 Since Rena and Steve were spending most of there time in IF at the NICU we decided that we didn't want to be driving back and forth from there house to IF.  We got a hotel in IF.  It was nice not to have to drive everywhere.  The hotel could have been cleaner.
Demi showing us her new swimming suit that we got her for her birthday.
Shane decided that he would try to get Lauren and Ryker to float while we were at the hotel.

 Here are some pictures of my new nephew Zander.  He has been the NICU for about 9 weeks now and is hoping to go home in the very near future.  He has been diagnosed with Prader Willi Syndrome. More about that to come.  Lets just say that there life has changed drastically.
Rena is doing Physical Therapy on Zander to help him stretch out and to move his feet so they are not pointing inward.
 Overall we had a good weekend in IF.  I wish that we could have been there longer.  I could have used more time with my family.   One thing that we did get to do is visit the Bird's ( the family that introduced me to the church and took me every week)  It was a really good visit.  They are super AWESOME!!!  When I grow up I want to be like them!  :)

No comments: