This summer I wanted the kids to have a fun time which meant not just sitting on their bums and watching tv. This took some effort but for the most part it worked. I told the kids that they would get to pick an activity (each kid had an assigned day) after all of their chores were finished.
So this chart hung where everyone could see it and they helped make the list of activities. We didn't get to all of them there were days were not all the kids got their chores done so there was no activity that day. During this we found that not all of pinterest ideas are good ones.We made marsh-mellow shooters out of solo cups and balloons. We used dry erase markers to make targets on the window. The kids thought shooting multiple marsh-mellows at once was the best way and then gobbling them up was fun.
We had a movie party with the Lego Movie.
Painting rocks was a big hit! Brianna's friend came over and did this activity with us.
After the rocks were painted we put them outside by our garden boxes. I though this was a fun afternoon.
The kids got very creative. The rock monsters turned out cute.
Swim lessons for Lauren and Ryker. Unfortunately we were only able to do one session because of all the trips we went on. They both passed their class and I hope to be able to get them into at least 2 sessions this summer. The older two both did swim team all summer long. It kept them in shape and on a schedule because they had to be at the pool at 7:45am.
Brianna picked snow cones and bubbles for one of her activities. The bubble wand that we made didn't really work but we since have been able to obtain the right tools to make the giant bubbles. We will need to give that one another try this summer.
Lauren apparently really liked it!! :)
One night we were getting ready for family prayer and everyone started to tackle daddy and so I had to get a picture. It turned out cute.
They colored shrink- a- dinks.
We went out to a farmers property and meet some of their cows. The kids thought this was great.
Shane took all of the kids one at a time to pet the baby cow. It didn't know about Reese because she was so small but after a little time the cow was ok. As long as daddy was holding her so she was bigger then the cow.
After we all met the two cows we got the chance to bottle feed the two smaller cows they had next to their house. Even though they were babies they sucked really hard on the bottle and the older two had a hard time holding it for them but they got the job done. They giggled about that experience.
We made a play dough with hand soap. It was another one of those experiences that I don't know if we would do again. The kids had fun for a little while but then lost interest. Paige just didn't like the feel of the dough before it was all mixed up together.
Reese didn't really know what to do with it. The house had a very strong smell of soap that day. Brianna didn't like that strong smell.
We made home made play dough and that was a hit. It was very soft and the kids still play with it today. It has been almost 8 months and it is still good. I would do that one again.
Spa day was one that was picked. They got face masks, soaked their feet and got their nails painted.
Ryker was my helper. He helped me put their face masks on. These two girls really enjoyed it. Brianna only wanted her nails painted and Paige just didn't want her picture taken.
It is Rodeo time we got to attend the parade. It seemed shorter this time but that was ok because it was super hot out.
Going to the Rodeo is one of those fun things that we get to do as a family. The kids love looking at the animals. The clown was super funny this year. Lots of laughs. Three of the kids fell asleep before we got home.
Going to the local Theme park is another summer activity that we enjoy. This year we were lucky enough to take the Fillmore kids. It was fun!
We went to the water park and then did the rides. At one point we got ice-cream cones with just one scoop but it was so large that I got an upset stomach. I think it was almost a pint of ice-cream. I didn't even finish it. From that experience I don't crave ice-cream.
We played with the sprinkler and slip-n-slide. The kids don't really like sliding down it because the water hits them in the face. We should just get rid of that.
Ryker picked a carrot out of the garden and was eating it and I noticed it was yellow. WEIRD! None of the other carrots were yellow but he said it tasted good.
Playing on the tramp with the sprinkler under it is always fun. It looks like Ryker is being loved to death.
Over all it was a wonderful summer. I was sad to see it end but also glad because then the kids go to school and have more structure in their lives.
I haven't even shared any of our family trips. I will do that soon. We were blessed to see family and go on a little trip with just us to Glacier that I will share.








No comments:
Post a Comment