Monday, October 16, 2006

Maddie's Baptism 9-30-06


Unfortunately this is the only picture I have of Maddie's baptism and it's not even her. The memory card was full on the camera and the batteries went dead! A family friend is going to send me a CD of more pictures so they will come. Sorry!
Shane was asked to perform the baptism and confirmation. It was the first time he has done it in English and the first time to confirm period. He said he always had his compaion do that part. To hear him give these blessings was amazing and emotional. We are blessed to have the priesthood in our home. I was asked to give the talk on baptism. Even though I wasn't looking forward to it I appreciated the opprotunity. It made me think about my baptism and how it has blessed my life. Another reason why it meant so much is because my mom was there and I was able to bear my testimony. She said that she could feel the spirit and wanted to cry. I also asked her if I could make her a dress. It was a lot of work but fun to do. It was the first big project that I have under took. I did ask a fiend if she would help me if I couldn't figure it out but then she moved. Talk about stress!! In my opinion it turned out great! (As of now you'll have to take my word for it!) Don't mind me I'm just patting my own back. Brianna wondered if she could have one like it and I told her she could have what ever she wanted as long as it was white, had sleeves, and a long skirt. She beamed with happiness.

No comments: