Wednesday, January 24, 2007

First Family Sledding 1/20/07

Paige and I had fun watching the other two sled. It was hard for me to get up out of the sled with my growing belly. :)
Brianna and Shane just got done coming down.
This is the way Paige got to the top of the hill. Gee, she has the life!
Brianna is going down on one of the saucer sleds. She liked it when Shane would hold the two of them together and go down together. I think she would have stayed there all day if we would have let her.

For Christmas Santa gave us sleds and we waited very patiently for the snow so we could use them. Well on Saturday we woke up and we had gotten about 5-7 inches of new snow. We knew this is what we had been waiting for. Just around the corner from our house is a good hill to sled down. Once we were all bundled up we headed out. The girls were very excited! I think us parents were too. :) Brianna had a blast especially when she would go down with Shane because then she would go really far. In fact the would go down the hill and into the street. One time they went all the way across the street and ran into the curb on the other side. Brianna thought that was really cool. Paige didn't really know if it was fun because snow would fly up into her face. I finally figured out why she was not having fun and decided that she would go down backwards holding on to me. She thought that was fun and then wanted to do it more. One the way home I told the girls to get in the sled and I would pull them home. The roads were covered and make it easy to pull and faster to get home. After sledding we headed home and got a nice hot cup of HOT CHOCOLATE! Yum Yum!!

3 comments:

Steph said...

What fun! I'm glad you finally got your snow!

Cherylyn said...

That does look like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Was that snow as good as the Idaho snow? Fun memories!!!