Monday, January 15, 2007

Grandpa's Funeral





The funeral was nice but sad also. We know that we'll see him again but
we will miss him. Grandpa was one of those people that once you meet
him you'll never forget him. I met him in April of 98. Ever since that
moment I have been gratefully that I could have him in my life. He was
a grandpa that your proud of. One that you could brag about. Even
though I met him after his memory started to go I could still see a man
that loved his wife, loved his posterity, his country, the gospel, the
outdoors, and loved to serve those around him.

At the cemetery it was freezing. The kids were all crying because it was so cold. The boys thought that the 21 gun salute was neat. The bagpipes were my favorite and the trumpets were also cool. After theburial we went to the church and had a wonderful meal provided by his ward.



1 comment:

ranell said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Funerals are no fun, but something everyone has to go through. We have been to way too many funerals lately. I don't know if you heard that my father passed away on Nov. 11th, 2006. I love reading your blog.