Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Eve 12-24-06

While Paige and I took a nap Brianna wanted to make us Christmas cards. Shane helped her and when I woke up there was a card slipped under my bedroom door. It was so cute. Then I found out that Paige had one slipped under her door too.
After eating dinner we got some plates of goodies together and took them to our neighbors. The girls thought it was fun and they both loved going on a walk.




Once we got home we read stories and then Shane surprised us all and brought up his clarinet and played Christmas songs for us. It was the first time any of us had seen him play. Shane hasn't played in about 10 years so it was a tad bit funny. The girls thought daddy was the neatest guy on the planet. We all gave it a try and then really thought daddy was good! After daddy was done we opened one present. Shane got a fiction book and the girls and I got PJ's!!! This was a family tradition that I'll always remember. I had the girls pick out the material they wanted in October so neither on of them even remembered that I was making something for them. They both had great reactions and wanted them on right away. Brianna's was a little big for her so I had to fix them shortly after. My mom sent me pj's. Thanks mom!
My mom used to make my pj's when I was little and they were always red night gowns. As we got older she started purchasing them. After we got our pj's on we would gather around the tree and sing Christmas carols. It was fun.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Cute pajamas! Good job on making them Vonae! My mom used to do the same thing. I have had a hard time carrying on that tradition because I can never seem to find the time to get them done. Good for you!

Missy White said...

We always had new pjs Christmas Eve too! Kids look so much better Christmas morning when pictures are taken. Am glad you are carrying on with the tradition. Christmas looked like fun at your house. Ours was nice but much quieter. Glad to see Shane with his clarinet.