I was down stairs with the girls getting it ready for mom and dad to arrive for Thanksgiving and then I realized that Paige wasn't with me any more. I walked upstairs and found that Paige had gotten the chair over to the fridge and grabbed the dry eraser and decided that it would be fun to make some pretty pictures for mom. To say the least I was not pleased with her pictures! After she went into timeout she got the opportunity to clean it all up. Then we three went back down stairs and finished cleaning. Then I noticed it was time to go make lunch because Brianna had to leave for school in a few minutes. Once I walked upstairs I could smell a smell that no mom wants to smell - Permanent Marker!! Yes- Paige had found the markers that were hidden in the back of the junk drawer which she is to short to even see into. I still don't know how she was able to get them. The smell was not the only present she gave. She had decided that it was fun to draw on the wall, fridge, stove, dishwasher, table, door and cabinets. I was very , very upset! The only thing that kept me from giving her a spanking that she would never forget was that I had to take Brianna to school. Latter I was proud of myself for not loosing my temper. Every time I walked into the kitchen I would get mad. I spent a good couple of hours trying to get it off. I did have some luck. Later when Shane got home Paige showed daddy what she had done. Shane asked if it was a good choice or bad choice. She said BAD Choice. He asked what she should draw on and she said paper. All of the right answers. After all of us girls had gone to bed - Shane stayed up to try to get it off. He did get 98% of it off. He didn't get to bed until 3:00am. Brake cleaner did the job. I was thrilled with how it looked.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
The Joys of Two Year olds 11-20-06
I was down stairs with the girls getting it ready for mom and dad to arrive for Thanksgiving and then I realized that Paige wasn't with me any more. I walked upstairs and found that Paige had gotten the chair over to the fridge and grabbed the dry eraser and decided that it would be fun to make some pretty pictures for mom. To say the least I was not pleased with her pictures! After she went into timeout she got the opportunity to clean it all up. Then we three went back down stairs and finished cleaning. Then I noticed it was time to go make lunch because Brianna had to leave for school in a few minutes. Once I walked upstairs I could smell a smell that no mom wants to smell - Permanent Marker!! Yes- Paige had found the markers that were hidden in the back of the junk drawer which she is to short to even see into. I still don't know how she was able to get them. The smell was not the only present she gave. She had decided that it was fun to draw on the wall, fridge, stove, dishwasher, table, door and cabinets. I was very , very upset! The only thing that kept me from giving her a spanking that she would never forget was that I had to take Brianna to school. Latter I was proud of myself for not loosing my temper. Every time I walked into the kitchen I would get mad. I spent a good couple of hours trying to get it off. I did have some luck. Later when Shane got home Paige showed daddy what she had done. Shane asked if it was a good choice or bad choice. She said BAD Choice. He asked what she should draw on and she said paper. All of the right answers. After all of us girls had gone to bed - Shane stayed up to try to get it off. He did get 98% of it off. He didn't get to bed until 3:00am. Brake cleaner did the job. I was thrilled with how it looked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Time to find a new place for those markers?? I'm so sorry! Good job Shane on cleaning it up...
We did find a place. I can't even get to them unless I use a step ladder. :) Hopefully she won't think that it's fun to color on the walls with crayons.
Bad choice-Good choice to hide them so they're even inconvenient for you to find! I can vouch that Shane did a good job cleaning because we saw the cabinets after the incident.
Post a Comment