Sunday, October 30, 2011

Grandma comes to help 9-11

Well- first I have to give a big thanks for all the awesome grandma's and papa's out there! There is something special about them that kids love.  Shane's mom came a week after Reese was born to help us out.  We had planned on her coming the day she was born but for all of you that read this you know that she decided to come 11 days early.  It was great help to have her here.  The kids ate up all the attention they could get.  Mom thank you for giving up your week to come and help us all figure out how to be a family of 7.

Lauren loves to hold Reese.  Isn't she so cute.  Reese looks somewhat big in this picture but that is only because Lauren is so small herself.  :)

 Ryker loves his baby sister.  Every time he looks at her he says "Oh- so tiny!"  In his  cute little voice.  It just melts my heart. Reese is a very lucky girl to have such a sweet loving brother.  He will be a great protecter.
 Papa surprised us all even grandma.  He drove up on his motorcycle on Friday afternoon and stayed until after church on Sunday.  We were so excited to see him and Ryker  would have done a backflip if he knew how!
 Here is a picture of Grandma  holding Reese.  She is great with babies.  I remember plenty of times over the kids that I just wanted to get some sleep and there she would be to hold the babies.  She would help when the babies were freaking out and I just didn't know how to help calm them down or I was so tired that I couldn't think straight.  Thank you for helping me figure out how to become a better mom.  I've learned so much from you!
 Brianna loves her Papa.  I often find her next  to him looking at his pictures, watching him play his computer games or snuggling watching sports on T.V.  This time Papa how to eat a grapefruit.  She really liked the attention.
 Paige love to hold Reese.  It is a good thing for her to do it helps calm her and get her in a good mood.
 Papa is super awesome to Ryker because he has a BIG MOTORCYCLE!  Ryker mentions Papa's name many times a day because he is a super cool guy!
 Over all the many years (5) of my kids  playing soccer we have never had any family come to see the kids  play.  That has now changed Grandma and Papa have seen both Paige and Brianna play now.  It was fun to have family support at the games.  I have wished for the kids that they could have someone they love come watch their games because many of the other player will have a huge group of people to cheer them on and then our kids just have us.  Occasionally one of their teachers would come.  Thanks for coming to see the kids play.
Shane and his mom aren't they so cute!

2 comments:

Steph said...

She's sooo tiny! I'm glad that grandma & grandpa were able to see the girls play soccer!

Missy White said...

It was fun to be there and be part of the "new beginnings" .