Friday, June 08, 2012

Ryker turns 3!

 Grandma park got him a lightning mcqueen remote control car.  All of us think that it is fun to play with.
 We got him some clothes.
 Grandma and papa got him this fire engine and a cute little outfit with a tractor on it which he loves.
 Shane got this bike from a neighbor and it was really ugly.  But- he really wanted to fix it up and give it to him.  Shane did a great job and Ryker loves it. I made this cake for him.  He had been eyeing a car cake at Safeway so I asked how much it was and they told me $50.  I think that is crazy.  So- I learned how to make fondant and looked around on line for some ideas and this is what I came up with.  He really enjoyed it.  It made all the work for both the bike and cake worth it.  We love you Ryker!
The Broderick's gave Ryker this hot wheels bath toy.  As soon as he opened it up he had to take a bath.  Lauren thought it looked cool too.  They both had a fun time playing with the new water toy.
I can't believe that my little boy is three!  Time sure does go by fast.  Ryker is a total boy.  He loves to tackle his sisters, play with cars and balls, play in the dirt and find bugs.  It is really fun to have a little boy.  Right now he can't get enough of his dad.  His dad is his hero.  Daddy can fix and play everything.  Everything is good in his world if he can hang out with dad.  Shane is really loving that right now.  :)

1 comment:

Steph said...

What a cute cake! I have yet to try making a cake with fondant. I think 3 is a cute age for boys!