Thursday, December 28, 2006

German tradition



On Shane's mission he said that they would leave out their shoes by the door and if they were good then St. Nickolas would leave them some candy. The girls thought that this would be fun so we did it. Their little faces lit up the next morning when they realized that they had gotten candy in their shoes. Brianna ran into our room yelling we got candy in our shoes and you did too! That day they seemed really happy and full of joy.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Is that done on Christmas day?

vnielson said...

Usually this is done on December 5th. This year we forgot and did it later. The girls didn't mind though. I'm sure that Shane could give you more information on it then I could. I do know that they would put out their wood shoes either outside their front door or if they lived in a flat they would put them in the hall.

Missy White said...

Fun tradition! If you put out larger shoes do you get more candy?